Thursday 19 March 2015

Piyo - 1 Month Review

I've always wanted to do Yoga and Pilates but always felt like I didn't have the strength to withstand any of the moves. I've tried a few DVDs but they were never truly aimed at absolute beginners, which after afew days would end up at the back of my workout pile.

I've always loved Chalene Johnson's workout programmes. Having tried Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick, Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme just to name a few. I am a big fan of hers and I always had fantastic body transformations and weight loss. So you could probably tell that I was jumping with joy when she announced PiYo in May 2014. However, this was only in the states and I am all the way across the pond in England. So I waited paitently and saved up my pennies, until It was availble here. 

Piyo is a uinion of Pilates and Yoga-inspired moves. With a turbo pace, for serious fat burning cardio, strenghing, and lengthening - all in one. It's a 60 day programme which also includes core strengthing and lean-muscle development of pilates, the complete body sculpting and stretching benefits of yoga. And with heavy duty calorie incineration of cardio.

I was super excited when I ordered and could not wait to start. Thinking it would take a couple of weeks for delivery it took one day! Yes, one day. I don't think it took even that and by the following evening I was starting Piyo. When ordering their are quite a few add on which, typically bumps up the price of the programme. I chose the Deluxe Piyo
                             
as you get the strength slides and an extra 'strength' DVD with two 30 min workouts - Full Body Blast and Strong Legs. I haven't got this far to try it out yet. But  I will keep you posted. You also get a yoga mat which is very helpful if you haven't got one and trust me, you will need one or something! 

This is just extra and you can purchase these later on, if you don't want to commit. With the programm you get three discs each packed with the workouts you will be doing, plus there is a bonus: TurboFire Low HIIT 20.
                                

You also get a timetable, so you can use the programme to your maxium benefit. There is two sides to it each 8 weeks on both sides. The pink side is your starting point and the blue side is the next level where you can start to use the strength slides and extra DVD


 
Last but not least. You also get a PiYo Get lean, Eating plan. This has all the list of food groups you can eat along with your own food plan. This is to help you reach your goals and I have to say it works! 

First you find out your calorie target and then you find the right plan to match your calorie target.This tells you how many servings of each food groups you can have each day. I can do a proper review of this another time.

Now, I have reached week 5 of the programme and day 30. My verdict is I love it! It's challenging, sure you have to push yourself. I can do some of those crazy moves that you only see proffessionals do. My body feels stronger and my shape is changing. I am using the eating plan and found that I am not hungry inbetween meals. I found this so easy to follow and keep on top of my weight loss and the workouts are less that an hour, so there is no excuse not to do it. 
I feel alot healthier inside and out. I am so happy I invested in this product.

Here are my 1 month results. You can also checkout my progress and see how I am finding each workout on my instagramm - jennibecomesfit.

I will also do a whole review at the end of the programm and with my final results. 

                  


   

Thank you for Reading x



No comments:

Post a Comment